Diploma in Translation (DipTrans)
What Is The DipTrans?
The Diploma in Translation (DipTrans) was introduced in 1989 as a benchmark of professional standards and has since continued to meet the needs for a high level professional translating qualification.
It is a postgraduate level equivalent qualification intended to test the ability of those who wish to progress into careers as freelance translators or work for corporations worldwide, to a professional standard.
When can I start the course?
Cost of course:
DipTrans e-learning Lesson Content
The course content is split into separate lessons, each covering a different area of study from within the DipTrans syllabus dictated by the CIoL. The content includes:
- 19 lessons - extensive written teachings / information on the subject matter.
- Reading materials in English (over 100 pages)
- Written materials on translation techniques and theory of translation
- The DipTrans exam tips for Units 01, 02 and 03
- Resources listed for further reading
- Translation exercises - past exam papers - approx. 3900 words to translate
- Receive a Certificate of Completion from linguisttraining.com - award winning trainer.
- You are able to register for the examination with the CIoL for the DPSI exam.
WHY CHOOSE AN ONLINE COURSE?
- You can study wherever you are in the world.
- You can start the course whenever you feel ready.
- You can study each lesson at a time which suits you - rather than fitting into a fixed classroom timetable.
You are provided with a web link and password for each lesson.
WHY CHOOSE us FOR YOUR ONLINE DipTrans COURSE?
- linguisttraining.com (by Talking Heads) was named BEST IN THE COUNTRY for getting the best exam results in the UK (Nuffield Trophy for Best Group Entry).
- linguisttraining.com is one of the officially listed training providers of CIoL language training courses AND an established provider of language services to the private and public sector for over 16 years. These two facts mean that we know what the customer wants and how you can provide it.
Skype Sessions are available on this course. During your Skype sessions, you will receive advice on interpreting and translating. Together with your Language Partner/s you will have an opportunity to discuss feedback and ask questions.
Translation Practice - When you choose to learn online, it's always helpful to have feedback on your progress, although it's not always possible with e-learning formats. With our Translation Practices, we provide you with the opportunity to have your translations reviewed by an experienced Language Partner - crucial for learners who are planning on taking the exam associated with their course. Practice your exam technique and test your revision progress.