The rise of the digitally discerning consumer
When looking at international customers, what should we consider?
The digitally discerning consumer has clear expectations: Simple to use, but not basic.
- 58% expect digital updates to make the user experience simpler and cleaner
- 78% would use a digital service because of speed
- 81% would use a digital service because of simplicity
Time to rethink your customers; they are digitally empowered. There are 4 digital audiences your business must consider:
- 18% Rapacious - Digital first, digital fast
- 39% Receptive - Happy to use digital services once all options explored
- 29% Reluctant - Use digital when essential, would prefer to speak to a person
- 14% Resistant - Use digital services if no other option
Working internationally adds in an additional element - language. Having a website in just 13 languages accesses 90% of all the money spent online.
Translations are essential!